Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Little India

Welcome to Little India! 
(in Kuala Lumpur)

So, we spent the evening in Little India since I have a kind of an obsession with India--the food, the dancing, dress, culture, etc.  It was FABULOUS!




Check out the gorgeous mannequins modeling the saris for sale.  There were also MANY real people in Indian garb.  So much fun!  We almost felt like we were there.


And the jewelry. . .Mamma mia!




Rows and rows and rows of bangles--Claire's on STEROIDS.  
We had to buy some to match my new sari, of course.  Luckily, they were cheap.




So, I walked into this sari shop, just a little starry-eyed.  The smooth operator salesman said, "I know just the color for you."  Black and gold.
I'm such a sucker.




The tailor made the top for me and adjustments to the sari by the next day.  
Look out Marine Ball!  I'm ready!





Colorful arches and fountains galore. (I'm not going to say gaudy--just. . .BRIGHT.)



The exotic flower shop--gorgeous and smelled heavenly.  



We ate dinner at a local Indian place.  The atmosphere was nice and the patrons were mostly Indian, which bodes well.  The food was good, but VERY spicy.  Which was probably a good thing since I tend to have no self-control where Indian food is concerned, but could only take so much before my mouth was burning.  Thank heavens for the mango lassi!



Ended the evening with henna tattoos (temporary) on the street.  I couldn't wear my shoes home since the henna needed to dry, so I walked barefoot on pretty dang dirty sidewalks to catch a taxi and then up to the hotel room.  I'm sure people thought I was crazy. 
 Maybe I was.  Crazy happy.





2 comments:

  1. Love your stories... I am wondering if you REALLY view life as simply and child like as you share the stories. If so, Lisa, you have an incredible quality ~ one I envy greatly. By the way, I have NEVER wanted henna tattoos and a sari, and now I am dying for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Vicky, I'm just a silly kid at heart. I keep thinking I should grow up one of these days but. . .why? And btw, you'd look fabulous in a sari! :)

    ReplyDelete