Monday, October 13, 2014

Typhoon Tokyo



Nice thing about being close to the Embassy--lunches out!
Japanese Ramen--this ain't yo Mama's ramen.


As big as my head--literally!  But super tasty.  I couldn't finish it all.  
It was the bowl that never ends. . .


Nagano Bakery--my favorite location for delicious baked goods.  (Un)fortunately it is on the way to the Embassy, so I always have to check in to see if they have pain au chocolat.  They pretty much sell everything EVERY day. I was lucky enough to score my fave this week.  :)


Typhoon Phanfone hit on Monday morning--SAME DAY that we were scheduled to receive our boat shipment.  LOTS of rain and (as you can see) quite a bit of rain.  Btw this is the view from my balcony.  Those persistent Japanese workers delivered the boat shipment anyway.


Later that day--blue skies.  Craziness!


Then the Typhoon hit inside.  In the form of our boat shipment.  Argghh.  So much stuff, so little storage space.  No more clothes for me, that's for sure! Which is good, because I'm sure I wouldn't fit into anything made for the typical Japanese stick figure physique!  AND couldn't afford it. 


Games anyone?  I mean it GAMES ANYONE???  All of those piles of stuff are supposed to fit into that one miniscule cabinet there. Yea, right.



But I was VERY happy to get my KitchenAid. I celebrated by making my favorite zucchini muffins. 


Yum!!




On the way to a night at the theater to see the musical Chess. It was fabulous!  




Then found these fabulous signs on the way home. Just asking myself, why didn't they just ask an English speaker BEFORE ordering the expensive signs.






Truly amazing plastic foods.  Notice the ice cream cone INSIDE the ice cream sundae.  Marvelous!

Coke and dumplings. Good combo!



Voila!  The Tokyo subway map.  Super DUPER complex and daunting.  Luckily they have numbers for the stops so you don't have to try to decipher between those crazy Japanese names.
Made it home without getting lost, though.  
Halelujiah!!






3 comments:

  1. I love subways! I don't know why. Thank you for sharing your adventure with us! How fun that you got to see Chess. The boys have been rabid about Chess this past week. None of them have beat Clint yet, but close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you were here to ride the subway with us, Sarah! Fun about the boys and Chess. Mason went through a Chess phase--got pretty good, actually. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Japan's ramen!! Oh my goodness, the trip to Japan is worth it just for that. I remember loving that stuff. Yeah, girl you have tons of clothes! No wonder you always look so cute. And I love that you guys always have a Broadway show on the schedj. Looks like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete